Being ready for kindergarten, both academically and socially, is one of the most important factors in a child’s future academic success.
Children are born learning!
READY! for Kindergarten workshops nurture their natural love of for exploring and understanding the world around them.
1. Empowering parents and caregivers to succeed in their role as children’s first and most influential teachers.
2. Providing tools and activities to optimize children’s natural curiosity and nurture learning and development.
3. Connecting families to their local schools.
AND: Participants receive over $200 in materials (toys) and tips and tricks to help get children ready for kindergarten.
All Oregon public schools participate in the Kindergarten Assessment, which lets teachers know what your child already knows, and how to best approach classroom experiences to best meet your child’s needs. The assessment also informs us as a community on what we can do to ensure early childhood experiences (child care, preschool, etc.) are maximized to prepare children for kindergarten.
The assessment has three parts:
1. Approaches to Learning: Your child’s teacher observes your child in the classroom
2. Early Literacy: One-on-one meeting with your child and their teacher to assess reading skills
3. Early Math: One-on-one meeting with your child and their teacher to assess math skills