All parents need help from time to time.
Find parenting classes and other resources that can make parenting an even greater pleasure than it already is.
Parenting EducationWe host evidence and research based curriculum. Common courses include:
- Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors – the first evidence-based comprehensive training program developed by and for Latino parents with children ages 0-5.
- Circle of Security – Parents will Explore understanding their child’s needs; Learn to manage parent and child expectations; Gain confidence in parenting; and practice new ways to connect with their child.
- Make Parenting a Pleasure - Addresses self-care, stress and anger management, understanding child development, communication skills, positive discipline.
- Nurturing Parenting – Empowering families with knowledge and skills to parent in nurturing ways.
- Positive Solutions - Role plays and take-home activities help parents learn how to promote children’s social and emotional skills and guide appropriate behavior.
- Strengthening Families - This 14-session, evidence-based parenting skills, children’s social skills, and family life skills training program is specifically designed for high-risk families. Parents and children participate in SFP, both separately and together.
- The Incredible Years – Programs for parents, children and teachers that prevent and treat young children's behavior problems and promote their social, emotional and academic competence.