Free, high-quality books for children from birth to age five, no matter their family’s income.
We can help you build a home library of books that will enrich the quality of time you spend with your child.
When a child has access to books they are better prepared for school—and life. Research shows that the number of books in a child’s home is significantly linked to reading scores. The more books, the better the score.
The Imagination Library provides:
- One new, carefully selected book per month for children age 0-5, mailed in the child's name directly to their home at NO COST to the family
- A book sharing guide to help increase interaction between caregivers and children during book time.
- Themes of the books include: love of reading and learning; regard for diversity of people; promotion of self-esteem and confidence.
- Audio and Braille books available
Currently available to households in these zip codes:
97301, 97303, 97317, 97351, 97344, 97325 (We hope to expand the program soon!)
Or if you live in these neighboring areas, join your local Imagination Library:
- Yamhill - All of Yamhill County and 97347
- Stayton - 97383, 97384, 97385, 97350, 97346, 97342
- Silverton - Children must live within the Silver Falls School District or the Silver Falls Library District. Zip codes 97381 and 97385
- Mill City, Lyons
You can also make a donation to help the Imagination Library bring books to more children in Marion and Polk Counties.
Be sure to designate your donation to: “OR-POLKMARION.” Thank you!